-- compatible with WinEdt version(s) 10, 9, 8, 7 --
The Stata-support package adds functionality to run Stata syntax from within WinEdt.
Open the macro file Install.edt in WinEdt, and execute it by choosing Macros | Execute Current Macro.
Open the macro file Uninstall.edt in WinEdt (also available in %b\Uninstall\Stata-support folder), and then execute it by choosing Macros | Execute Current Macro.
After a successful installation you will have a Stata-support menu-item in your main menu and a dropdown button on the toolbar. The Stata-support installation adds new Stata-related sections to the highlighting options in the Options Interface (Switches.ini, Keywords.ini, and FilterSets.ini) as well as one active string (ActiveStrings.ini).
- Added Stata mode (for .do and .ado files) within WinEdt;
- Highlighting of your Stata syntax, which is very similar to the native Stata DO file editor;
- Open Stata program from within WinEdt;
- DO selection of syntax;
- DO whole syntax file;
- Run your syntax with an option to automatically return to the WinEdt window after running the syntax or decide to stay in Stata;
- Hard-coded and tested in Windows XP and Windows 7 for Stata versions: STATA/SE 9.2, STATA/MP 11.2, and Stata/IC 13, but basically independent of your Stata version (through some easy and friendly dialog-input). Therefore, this package is also expected to work for future releases of Stata.
See Readme.txt for more info.
For WinEdt 7.x: Stata-support_7.zip
For WinEdt 8.0, 8.1: Stata-support_8.zip
For WinEdt 8.2: Stata-support_82.zip
For WinEdt 9.x: Stata-support_9.zip
For WinEdt 10.x: Stata-support_10.zip
Package contributed by Jeroen SL de Munter <firstname.lastname@example.org>