WinEdt.org is the work of volunteers. All macros, components, plug-ins, dictionaries, and help on this site were being developed, written and set up in the spare time of enthusiastic users. If you belong to this group, you are very welcome to contribute the results of your enthusiasm to WinEdt.org!
Have you written a macro that deserves a bigger audience than just your personal WinEdt installation?
Or have you assembled a configuration component that could be of use for other users?
And you want to contribute it?
Simply follow this procedure:
- Upload your contribution to ftp://ftp.winedt.org/incoming via anonymous ftp. This directory is write-only.
If you want to upload a package, compress the files into a zip archive. Do not upload a bunch of single files.
Send an email to email@example.com containing the following information:
- what you have uploaded (macro / configuration component / plug-in / dictionary / other),
- where you suggest the file(s) to go, and
- a brief summary of what your upload is intended to do.
- Allow the administrators a couple of days to find and check your contribution, and finally see it integrated in WinEdt.org.
You should consider the following:
- Your contribution should be well tested, well documented and should serve a general purpose.
- Macros or configuration components should come with documentation. If you contribute a package (i.e. more than one file), you should provide a README file describing the macros or components and their installation process.
- I assume that you agree with publishing your email address for support. If you don't want this, you have to tell me.
- Only send ready-to-run contributions. If you have a problem with a macro you wrote, post it to the WinEdt mailing list. People there will be happy to help you.
If you don't feel like writing a macro or creating a mode, there are other ways to contribute to WinEdt.org and the WinEdt community:
- A FAQ is under construction. You can help to extend it by answering questions of which you think that they are frequently asked and sending them (the questions and the answers) to its maintainer Georges Schmitz <georges.schmitzheitec.de>.
- Compile (and maintain) a collection of links to WinEdt related sites.
- Notify the administrators of any bugs, dead links and typos.
- Think of other ways to improve WinEdt.org and to make life for WinEdt users even more glamourous.
WinEdt.org lives off its contributions. Help it stay alive and kicking!